Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Argument turned to Diet

My sister : So, I think I'm going to do the No Carbs diet.

Me : Well, thats retarded. You know you can't do that for very long.

My sister : Well, my friend Sarah lost 5 lbs in 1 week. She says that it isn't very hard.

Me : Well, I've done it before. You do lost a lot of weight quick, but as soon as you eat a piece of bread you gain your weight back.

My sister : I don't care. I want to try it. What is it going to hurt ya know.

Me : Ok, I'll do it with you.

I know this could possibly be a stupid mistake.. however, I tried Atkins back in the day before I discovered a grocery store full of vegetables. When I last did no carbs I pretty much ate porkrhinds sp? and hamburger meat.

So, today starts day 1 of no carbs. I figure I'll give it a shot. What is the worst that could happen... I'd end up here where I started?

To be on the safe side.. I've gotten myself some vitamin supplements (they go in your drink) They have 100% vitamin C, Vitamin B12, Niacin, B6 and some acids.

I've also included a lot of fish and vegetables.

So.. we will see.

2 comments:

CindyLou said...

I don't understand why your sister thinks she needs to lose weight, she's already skinny.

Jenn M said...

No kidding man. It's because all of her friends are stick figures wearing jeans.

Death by Cheeseburgers, Cheesecakes and
Cheesesteaks!